ASSISTANT SEND CASEWORKER, UK – Apply Online
ASSISTANT SEND CASEWORKER, UK 2023. The Council is committed to securing and promoting the weal of children, youthful people, and vulnerable grown-ups and expects all workers and levies to partake in this commitment.
To administer efficiently, under the direction of the responsible Caseworker, the statutory duties of the Local Authority as set out in the Children and Families Act (2014) and the Special Educational Needs and Disability law of Practice (2015) regarding the Education, Health, and Care( EHC) needs assessment, planning, and review process;
To contribute to the day-to-day delivery of an effective statutory SEND service through the completion of a range of executive tasks;
To give a frontal line service to insure the delivery of quality advice to parents, seminaries, and other services regarding the statutory processes;
To deliver an effective and effective Education, Health and Care(EHC) needs assessment, planning, and review process to children and youthful people, educational establishments, health, social care, and other stakeholders;
To act as the first point of contact for a wide range of written and oral queries from internal and external stakeholders in relation to all SEN matters;
To maintain and modernize on a regular basis, the information held on the SEN service lines and databases and recoup data as needed. Ensure that customer confidentiality is maintained in line with City Council Policy;
To work within Statutory Guidelines, prioritizing work and deadlines where needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES of ASSISTANT SEND CASEWORKER
- To promote and guard the weal of children, youthful people, and/ or vulnerable grown-ups.
- Administer the statutory EHC needs assessment, planning, and review process to support the production of quality EHC plans and Reviews, working within and supporting adherence to statutory deadlines.
- To give high quality and effective first point of contact for parents, youthful people, professionals, and the wider public.
- To give support to the SEND Caseworker in the completion of EHC needs assessments and reviews through effective liaison with parents and other agencies and stakeholders.
- Organize a variety of meetings within statutory and procedural timescales as directed. Where applicable and agreed, insure the provision of fresh support for families to pierce meetings.
- Routinely and directly maintain and modernize the information held on SEN service lines and databases etc. recoup data and give operation information as needed
- To cover and administer fiscal functions, e.g.; processing and raising checks, maintaining streamlining the mainstream academy backing process, to insure the information is over to date and commercial policy and procedures are stuck to.
- Organize, prepare for, attend and minute meetings, as needed by the caseworkers, shoot Officers, and platoon directors. Where EHCP meetings and reviews are organized, insure these are held within a timescale and include applicable reports with records maintained on the case recording system.
- To manage a range of systems including sensitive particular information, icing data protection guidelines are stuck to. Insure accurate information is recorded and streamlined in agreement with procedures.
- Mentor and support the induction of new platoon members as applicable.
- Respond to all incoming information/ communication(e.g. letters emails telephone calls complaints representations fiscal claims etc.) meekly, professionally, effectively, and in a timely manner.
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and associated legislation place liabilities for health and safety on Hull City Council, as your employer, and you as a hand of the council. In addition to the Council’s overall duties, the post holder has particular responsibility for their own health, safety, and good and that of other workers; fresh and more specific liabilities are linked in the Council’s Commercial H&S policy.
- Experience organizing own and other’s work in a busy working terrain
- Experience maintaining electronic executive and covering systems
- Experience working in a client- concentrated, frontal line working terrain (face to face/ telephone/ dispatch)
- Experience in resolving issues with families and other professionals.
- Experience in streamlining and maintaining sensitive and contentious information and records
- Experience in operating fiscal processes within the bounds of procedures
- Provocation to work with children and youthful people and families
- Suitable to form and maintain applicable connections and particular boundaries with children and youthful people and families
suitable to work autonomously using their own actions and also as part of a platoon
- Proven capability to prioritize work effectively, address contending demands, work to deadlines, and to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent Microsoft Office and IT chops with the capability to use to a high standard
- Regular approach to tasks, demonstrating attention to detail
- Suitable to type with speed and delicacy
- Suitable to produce accurate meeting twinkles action notes and accurate meeting records
- Capability to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing by dispatch to a variety of cult